DH Research Faculty and Staff Project Development Grant
Priority will be given to applications submitted by January 19th.
Are you faculty or staff at UT Austin with a humanities project you’d like to develop and/or take to the next level using Omeka or Scalar? Whether you are DH-curious or an old-hand, the Initiative for Digital Humanities invites you to work with us on DHResearch, a new initiative with licenses for a suite of DH tools Omeka and Scalar. We can offer $1k in research funds for you to train in and concentrate on using this suite of tools to render your digital research.
- An Omeka or Scalar research site hosted on UTCreates
- $1000 in research funds
- Two one-hour consults with DHResearch GRA (one to launch/plan including a set of goals/action items, another at the end of the term to help solidify next steps)
- A progress report on steps taken and a detailed plan for future steps in developing your DH research project
What we need
- Please fill out this application form.
- A 500-word abstract on your research and how Omeka or Scalar might help forward the project. Be as specific as you can about your goals for the semester in question.
- Spring 2024
- Summer 2024
- Fall 2024
- Spring 2025